Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Wedding Day



My day began leisurely. I wanted some time to myself, to heal (as Montezuma had had his is revenge a bit the previous day) before I was "on" wedding planner/ officiant mode. So I woke and showered around 8am and layed out in my Magic Hammock for an hour or two, reading all about Lizzy and her William. I sighed heavily, pulled myself out of the hammock, and went in to spend some time fixin' myself up pretty.

I had no sooner, run a comb through my hair, when I heard the bride's mom and sister calling for me in the courtyard. It was only noon, and I wasn't due at the villa until 2pm. They had come on behalf of the bride, who was summoning me early.

I gathered my outfit, make-up and all the necessities and we went. I know my presence on site was probably a soothing balm, and what was most needed. There wasn't much for me to do on arrival, so I painted my toenails a sparkly light blue by the pool, as the men worked to set up the wedding. It was the most calm and serene atmosphere. Usually it's a frenzy of activity and I am caught up in the middle of it, day of the event. And while I was plenty busy when it was time, the pace was slowed immensely. I enjoyed that slow build up very much.




It was during this time that an iguana was found swimming in the pool and had to be plucked out. That's Mexico....

It was warm. Everyone glistened in excitement for sunset. Pictures were taken.



Rueban on spanish guitar. Yours truly at the altar, ceremony in hand.


Bridesmaids, groomsman, family, sunset. Ocean as witness.


Here comes the bride!




The bride looked "amazeeen". So did the groom. In the most heartfelt ceremony I have ever had the honor of officiating, we were all moved to tears. I stood between the two of them as they spoke their promises and proclaimed their love to one another. I felt so unbelievable privileged. This is what love is. It moves us to want to commit in the sharing of all that we were, are and will be to one another and make a life of our separate parts, together. I was beyond moved and had to remind myself to keep my composure, being the officiant and all.



Once the kiss sealed the deal, they took the newlywed glow to the reception. There was toasting of such deep and genuine felicity by most and love from all. The food was delish, the stars aligned, and the moon shone it's blessing to the lovers now wed.

*sigh*

What a lovely wedding day. I walked home by myself, the moon and ocean my companions, falling into bed thoroughly exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment