I made it!
My plane touched down from LAX this morning to PDX at 8am. My good friend Malinda picked me up. I mentally kissed the ground when I stepped onto the tarmac.
It seems that no matter where I go or how long I am gone, I am always so very, very happy to be home. My eyes never fail to get misty as my plane gets closer to landing. I make out familiar land marks- the st. john's bridge, Rocky Butte, the river.
My heart swells with pride and gratitude as the pilot engages the brakes on the runway. I made it home again.
Malinda and I went to breakfast and then to Ikea because she needed a few things. Then I came home and was greeted by Ellie. We have then spent the whole day on the couch snuggling, watching 4 different movies. She missed me and won't let me out of her sight. I missed her too. Its wonderful to have someone to come home to who missed me as much as I missed them.
Off to bed soon. I have been up since 3:45am this morning. Oh vay!
I am going to lay low the next couple of days, keeping to myself. Unpacking, sleeping, relaxing and soaking up the last bits of my vacation time. I know some of you are anxious to hear from me, and I ask that you let me get acclimated back into the world at my own pace. I will be in touch.( If there is an emergency, do definitely let me know.)
Sending you all my love!
always a good feeling to come back home!
ReplyDelete