Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Magic Hammock


Here I am.
In a hammock.
on the beach.
in Mexico.
by myself.




I really do love traveling solo. It's the only way I know how, really.
the delicious luxury of doing what I want when I want.
Beholden to no one.
Makes me feel fearless.
Welcomed by the world.
Embracing my singleness, and being totally 100% myself.



I have finally given in to the fact that I will have no communication to the outside world, while i am here. I am a little miffed at TMobile, because I paid for the service to work here, and was told it would. And it's not. I will be calling them with some strong words when I get home. My laptop just isn't picking up the wifi signal here. I am surrendering and taking it as a sign that I need to totally disconnect fro my greatest good. *sigh*

so ....here I am.

What brings me to Mexico?
Kelly & Todd do.
So that I can marry them and they can say their I do's.
Today is Weds. The wedding is Friday.
There are 38 of us gathered from far and wide for this big event.
We have descended upon this little village of Troncones for the week.

Troncones is the real deal- the real Mexico. A village snuggled on the beach.
I am staying at the Casa Delfin Sonreinte. It's lovely here. One of the owners, Glen is up from California for the week. The inn keepers, Alrberto & Maria are so welcoming and warm. The hospitality is so wonderful.


There is a pool and a horse shoe pit.


And my most favorite place, the shaded hammock area, on the beach.

It's quiet with the roar of the ocean to soothe, and the swing of the hammock to lull me into a relaxed state as I read and write.

It's heaven, here in this hammock. Magical.



There goes an iguana on the beach.



So glad I came.

No comments:

Post a Comment