Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Dancing in the Moonlight



Last night was the bachelorette's last night as a single girl.
All of the women in our group celebrated this gorgeous woman by dancing into the night at the Burro Baracho here in Troncones.


Mothers, grandmothers, aunts, cousins, sister, and friends shook their groove thangs in the hot humid night. And that included me. When I woke up this morning, my feet were swollen from dancing barefoot on the bare concrete floor. Ay carrumba!










OH Joe! Work it!

During the evening, I took a time out and walked down to the water. I wanted to cool my body with the smell and sensation of the sea. And ease the pain of that obscure blisters my Chaco's had left me from walking the village road. Under a bright moon, I danced a duet with the Ocean to Madonna's "Holiday". I could almost feel my Dad there with me too, smiling at his lovely, independent, laughing eldest daughter to the artist that began it all for her, so many years ago. I could feel how proud he is of me, "brave girl I am to be traipsing off in the world". I felt really connected to everything in those moments.


I wasn't drunk off alcohol, and yet I was definitely feeling the effects of intoxication. With life that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment