Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Killing Me With Kindness


It's a tough thing to take a place at the front of my yoga class.
Next to the awesome, nice, warm teacher.
That giant mirror both egging me on and reminding me of things.
The class of people literally behind me.. staring at my behind.

Since last month, I have been making extra efforts to be nice to myself, especially when it comes to judging my outward appearance. This isn't a new topic for me, and what is new is the tiniest of shifts that is occurring.

Now, when I am looking in the mirror at myself- whether its the rearview mirror, the bathroom mirror, or the yoga studio/gym mirror it matters not. It also doesn't matter if I am fully clothed or naked as the day I was born it goes something like this:

"Ugh. Oh my god... I look like shi...."

"Paula- stop it. Right now. Be kind to yourself."

"But have you looked at my..."

"Be kind."

"But...ugh.... *frustrated sigh"!!!"

''Be kind."

"*long exhale* " ok. I hear you. Be kind. Be kind. Be kind."

Every day, every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment