Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Cleaning, Doing the Dishes and a Trip to Seattle




I am cleaning.
Cleaning out my car
Cleaning out my apartment.
Rearranging the furniture.
Getting rid of what no longer serves a purpose for me.
Life is too short not to love what you have.

I went to Seattle on Sunday, with Derrick and Athena. We drove up for the day, all of us in need of a day trip to somewhere away from where we live. Off we went - to the Fremont district to visit the Troll, breakfast at Mae's on Phinney Street, and the Sunday Market. Little donuts and Seattle's Best Coffee at Pike's Street Market. We went to Easy Street Records, in the Queen Anne district, and I bought this cd.



(China Forbes lives in Portland and is the lead singer of Pink Martini. I am/was in desperate need of finding new music. She fit the bill. I am listening to it in my car and getting to know her...)


It was good for us all, and in some ways hard. There are ghosts for me, and Athena too. Hours spent with men no longer in our lives. The memories faded and present. We knew we had to go to make new ones over the old.

I am still letting go, though there is less and less every day. And honestly that kind of scares me. As much as I am open to the new and unfamiliar, it is a bit hard to let go of what I was used to holding onto. The new is kind of scary - what do the adventures, faces, and places look like? How will it make me feel?
The not knowing is also what makes all of the possibilities delicious. It could look like anything, be anything, or anyone. Anything is truly possible.
While going through some old papers today, I found a passage I had scribbled on a yellow legal pad, some months ago.
It reads
" Take inspiration from these mental challenges and clear your heart of strife and misery. Make way for the true and pure. A clandestine affair awaits you in the great mystery of life.
Be the question and allow the answer to find you.
This is your work right now.
Do not be afraid of it. Go deeper and dig it all out."

I sometimes just channel these words and forget about it. There is a lot of truth and wisdom there, though. It clicks. I am doing the work right now - it literally starts with me cleaning things up to make way for all things true and pure in my life.


Guess I will get back to doing the dishes....

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog Paula. So can relate to your cleaning up your outer world. Today i was busy with ebay and getting stuff that has been sitting around for a little while to move out of here this weekend. It is time. Just feel it is so time for whatever else will be coming in. It doesnt matter. Will endure all. Course we are not the mind body and most of us forget this from time to time or almost all the time. hehehehe....

    Life is a eternal celebration. That is it. So do whatever you choose wholly and fully and dance and be with everything. It was great to just be doing what was up and moving thru me today. A little bit of cleaning, a little bit of cooking and down right time to clean house!

    So sleep well Sweet one and be well!

    with loving kindness,

    Kyra

    ReplyDelete