Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Monday, March 26, 2012

I Am The Only One Who Can Do That

In the shower a bit ago, it dawned on me that I have been waiting for someone else to show up in my life and validate my worth, and allow me to discover how I would be happier.
Ouch. That is painful to admit because I know better than that.
I know the Universal Truth that happiness does not come from any external source. I just don't believe it to be true for me. That is one of the Dirty Little Secrets I have been living my life from.

This is a wake up call. Time to Wash Out those dirty old beliefs for good, because they are not bringing me anything but down.

The Real Truth is:
I am already worthy and validated just as I am. No person, job, thing, or situation has the power to determine otherwise. It is non-negotiable because it just is. Much the same way the sky is blue and water is wet, I am a valuable, outstanding, amazing human being as is.


I do not need to lose weight, dress in a certain fashion, listen to certain music, read specific books, obtain a collage degree, be in a relationship, or make buckets of money to be worthy.

I just am.

Secondly, I AM THE ONE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR. The only difference is that by accepting this Universal Truth of myself, I will gravitate towards others who believe this about their selves too. My life will be affected by those interactions and connections- it will not be determined by them.

What a scary and liberating concept to wholeheartedly embrace.

Does this mean I remain single my whole life? Maybe. It means I wouldn't be settling for anything less than what I know I deserve, that is for certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment