"If you change the way you look at things- the things you look at will change. " ~ Wayne Dyer
I find myself dreading my next Belly Dance Class.
Because it means I have to try harder at zoning in on my body.
Being present.
Looking at at it.
Owning it.
Feeling it.
It is very difficult for me to do.
There is a reason why I dared myself to do this- without challenging myself to publicly, I might otherwise just ignore it.
The challenge of the surfacing fears and feelings, ignites my rebellious streak. Finding another perspective to look out at my body and feelings from becomes necessary in sustaining the pace.
I need to remember that I am not in competition with anyone else other than myself. It doesn't matter if I ever master Belly Dancing. What matters is my attitude, the openness of mind and heart to the experience, and the beauty of knowing that I have it in me to do my best.
My body shape will not change over night, and perhaps the way I look at my body's shape will...
I am aware that this is not about what I think, but just for the record, I think you are beautiful inside AND out.
ReplyDeleteThanks Carleen! It is wonderful to be reminded of that from voices outside if my own. I feel the same way about you. <3
Delete