Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dare to Bare #2- Post Dare Wrap up: Snowboarding

Q: What was the most difficult part of this month's dare, Snowboarding.

A:A few things-
1.) Being at Mother Nature's mercy as far as weather goes. If the snow isn't optimal, or the wind or rain are happening, it's either a no-go, or damp and cold.
2.)finding my toe & heel edge's
3.) getting off the chair lift
4.)the physical pain of wearing snowboarding boots
5.) the sheer frustration of feeling like I am never going to grasp this sport

Q: Were there any particular themes that came up, repeatedly for you?
A: Acceptance, again was prominent. I had to accept that it didn't work out for me to go the first time. I had to accept that I wasn't going to be able to ride down the hill without falling. I also accepted a free pass, a lesson from one of my best friends, a ride up and back from one of her friends/ Chill volunteers, the brief moments of beautiful sunshine on Mt. Hood, and the pain of using new muscles.

Q: When did you feel most vulnerable?
A: Right after every fall. All I could do was laugh. And then my determination kicked in and I got back up, only to fall back down again. It made me think about where our determination comes from- as toddlers when we are learning to walk, I bet we go through similar thought patterns and feelings. Obviously I can walk, so it gives me hope that I can snowboard one day too.

Q:On a scale of 1- 5, rate the difficulty of this dare.
A: 6.

Q: How were you inspired by what you learned?
A: Again, it just reinforced my determination and rebellious streak. Its a delicate balance and a fine line to walk somewhere between rebelling against the circumstances and accepting what is.

Q; So , what's next and what are you looking forward to most about the next dare?
A: Belly dancing and Zumba class at the gym. I started Belly Dance last week, and I liked it. Though I am finding it very difficult. I am looking forward to coming away from dancing with the knowledge that I am connected to the Grand Rhythm, and that I can find a place of acceptance with what that means for me. And also have some fun with my body- to shake it up and not take it so seriously. To enjoy the feeling of expressing joy through my body's interpretation of the beat.

And the beat goes on....

No comments:

Post a Comment