Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Friday, February 17, 2012

what you might become

"The most important thing to remember is this: To be ready at any moment to give up what you are for what you might become."
- W. E. B. Du Bois

Holy Toasted Marshmallows!

Today, I find myself buzzing with the most incredible energy. I have been reset and re-activated and it is making my head spin in a delightful way. I feel "en fuego" and ready to burn this fuel, letting myself be propelled forward into something I cannot even quite articulate or put my finger on. Only the feeling of exhilaration and adrenaline can be detected certainly. Suddenly, my vision has changed- I am not seeing things the same way. There is a sadness that comes with that, because I carried expectation, hope, and the thrill of complicated possibility around some situations, people and what is available to me.. It is hard to relinquish what we think we want, because it is present and it seems so much closer to fruition than our wildest dreams. I grieve for what will not be- and I am grateful for having known that grief even for a short time.

Holding out for the Real Deal is what I am willing to do. I am willing to sacrifice short lived preoccupation and sensation for what I most deeply desire. In its place, I have hope for kindred connection and a sweetness that comes from appreciation.

It is time to step up and be what I might become. I'm ready. Let me show you....

No comments:

Post a Comment