Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oceanside Reflection


the town of Oceanside, Oregon

Deep in the midst of my to-do list, I need a break. I haven't emptied my head in a few weeks....

The last couple of weeks have been crazy wonderful. Filled with friends, family, and fun. (Did I really just type that??!!!) Well, its true.

And its been a bit of a frenzy. My life is flowing in ways lately that both shock and delight. I am not used to this frenzy. Universe- can we slow things down just a little bit, please? And could you speed up a few other things, please? Thanks!


Last Tuesday, my friend, the marvelous Miss Amy and I went to the beach for the day. I needed to get out of town badly, and so did she. We sat in the sun, hunted for rocks in a little creek on the beach, painted, read, and deeply relaxed. I promised myself I would make time to do that more. At least once a month. To go and just be by the sea.

I desire, rather I require, time to Seize the Summer. Those moments I give to myself in the warm season, between work. Let's Play!




This year I shall endeavor to:

landscape my yard and introduce myself to my inner Green Thumb. (she must be in there somewhere?)
make a trip back east to see friends
float the Clackamas
STS BBQ's
game nights with family
construct a fire pit
Portland Hill Walks
bonfire on the beach
nap in a hammock
re-finish many pieces of furniture I have been talking about for years, finally (a hutch, a small chest of drawers, 5 chairs, a tack chest, and 2 night stands.)
painting by the sea
family reunion in August
read a stack of books
outdoor brunch
yurt by the bay


Okay, back to my emails and phone calls.

Then a nice long soak in the tub. New color on my toes, and a delicious nap before heading out for a concert with my brother.
Iron and Wine never sounded so good....

No comments:

Post a Comment