Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

And So It Is

My day began as it usually does. The cat was impatient for me to be up to feed her just after first light.
I resisted.
I dozed in bed, relishing in the moments between sleep, dreams and the awakening that happens shortly thereafter.

I was compelled to read a bit, from an astrology book on the subject of cosmic love. And as I was pondering that topic, I received an email from a good friend. She was requesting advice, because due to many recent situations and circumstances, needed outside wisdom. She had seriously began to question her faith in the Universe.

There are no accidents, as was proven to me yet again, in that moment, because I too had had a few moments over the course of the week where I also was questioning the very same thing.

So, without much thought about what I would say, I began to write. And it came so cleanly, and without effort. It just was.

"...It is so very important, that we find courage in these instances, to be as open and expansive as we possibly can to Love. Love is the Universe, and Love hears your prayers. There will be moments when it will be harder for some more than others to do that, in those cases, it falls on the others to hold that love and that light until they can do so again.

I myself have been asking " What next?" in my own life- just days ago in fact. And I vowed to stay open no matter what. No matter how lost I was feeling in that particular moment. No matter how sad, or discouraged, or frustrated I let myself be. I promised at the very, very least I would stay open to love in all of its forms. And that I would keep asking "What's next?" until an answer came my way.
24 hours later it did. 3 fold. And I see little bit more than I did in those moments I was blind with discouragement.

Be open.
Listen.
and take courage to follow the voice of love, in all of its forms."

Dear reader, you and I and the we in between- we are exactly where we are supposed to be in life. This moment reading these words and living our individual experiences just as we are meant to.



"What next?" is such a powerful question to ask. It requires us to surrender to our faith and trust. Its remembering to take a step in one direction. And then another. And another.

And then suddenly we look up and realize that we are surrounded by all that we are made up of. Its in the trees. It's in the stars. Its in the wings of fly. Its in the pattern of the quilt a grandmother made. Its in the blink of my eye. Its in the whisper of an evening breeze. Its in the soup.

There it is. The answer you seek. The answer that takes you one step closer to remembering who you are.

As my dear friend Jed says often, Love is the answer.
And so it is.

4 comments:

  1. It's so true and yet very frustrating at times. Thank you soooo very much for the reminder. Loving you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. You two are so cute! And this is all so very true. Thank you for the reminder, we all need it from time to time. Sending so much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am from Chile...You are right...all we need is love...Love is very important...but the first thing is to love ourselves...Take a good day :D

    Pd. Do you speak spanish?

    ReplyDelete