Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Friday, April 16, 2010

comfort food

When I am not feeling well I want few things, and those few things consist of the following:

tea

hot chocolate with whipped cream

chocolate pudding and jello with Cool Whip (from when my friend Athena brought me a weeks worth of pudding and jello to live on, the week I had my wisdom teeth out, 11 years ago. I especially love chocolate pudding topped and jello topped with Cool Whip. Of course, now, I never eat this. And when I do, its organic dairy free chocolate pudding or vegetarian jello with real whipped cream. I know- it makes no sense. But there ya go. )

macaroni and cheese (gourmet or boxed. When I first moved out, my then roommate and friend Malinda and I uses to have "Mac-n-Cheese Parties late at night. We'd buy a couple of different types- cartoon charcters, spiral, elbow and mix them together. Also, when I baby sat my brothers during summer vacation, in my teenage years, I would make a daily meal of mac-n-cheese and kool aid. Those things just go together. Processed crap at it's finest!)
eggs on toast ( this consists of 2 eggs and two pieces of spelt bread. Fry the eggs, butter the toast salt and pepper to taste. Add a cup of coffee and it makes it better. my first love used to make this for me, for breakfast often. I equate it with love. So I make it for myself when I am needing to feel a little love for myself.)

oranges (in my childhood, my brother and I had a particularily bad bout of the flu. My mom had brought home a big bag of oranges and we devoured them all. Guess we needed the vitamin C and the liquid...)

homeade chocolate chip cookies (I prefer warm from the oven, lots of brown sugar, butter and vanilla, milk chocolate chips and walnuts and big glass of milk. I used to make an amazing Chocolate chip cookie once upon a time. But I have since stopped making them years ago, because if I make them- I will eat them all! I also really love a warm Mrs. Field's cookie with macadamia nuts, from the mall. Actually I think they only have one location left at Clackamas town center...though it might be gone now...)

Since I stayed home today, not feeling well, I watched movies, made eggs on toast, had an orange. It made me feel a little better, but damn, I am craving a chocolate chip cookie something fierce. Hmmmmm......

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about that time we had the flu. Yeah the oranges were all we could think about eating, but more Importantly. Has anyone ever laughed at Reading Rainbow so hard I really thought I might die.... As for Mrs. Fields I know there is one in the mall where Mike works. lol They are tasty. All those tasty things that make me feel like shit... =)

    ReplyDelete