now before my phone and email inbox blow up with questions,
let me confirm that I am not with child.
That would be what is referred to in the Bible as an immaculate conception.
Unfortunately for me, there has not been any activity to lead to such an event. My choice.
(TMI? I think not. I don't have a problem admitting its been a while since the fireworks have been lit. Not that I am not looking forward to discovering potential sparks......)
But consider with me, if you will, what it means for me to be
pregnant with possibility.
Ahhhh.. yes... now that is something else all together, isn't it?
But what does it mean, really?
Yesterday as I relayed the events of the last couple of week to Lorelynn, my intuitive therapist, I shared with her how quite unexpectedly while in Mexico, I rediscovered a love for and new level of comfort in my body. How remarkable it feels to shift- such a simple subtle shift has lifted me up to a place beyond my expectations.
Lorelynn talked about the 4 stages a woman goes through in life: Maiden, Mother, Matriarch, and Crone.
It appears that I have moved out of Maidenhood (finally!), and in my 30's , find myself ready and willing to step into Mother energy. This delicious body shape I have is luscious, curvy, voluptuous, round and juicy. My body is prepared to nurture and give birth to some new things: career, outlooks, connections, relationships, art.....Pregnant with delightful and endless possibility.
I have long admired pregnant women- they are sooooooooooo gorgeous! Sexy, full, joy dancing in their beautiful eyes. A luminous glow coming from within, born of the secret knowledge of what it feels like to carry and grow something special that will shape them and contribute to the highest good of the world.
I have been forever wrestling with the idea of having my own children someday- how can I bring a child into the world the way it is now? How could I not? The endless responsibility. Having helped raise some of my siblings and taken on the mothering role early on in my life, I am hesitant to do so again. Let me tell you this- teenagers are HARD. Babies vulnerabilities freak me out, and I feel my own imagined inadequacies targeted.
But I digress....
Me.
Pregnant.
Now.
With delicious possibility.
Yes. I want that.
I claim that for myself.
I delight in the sensuality of what my body is birthing.
I choose to nurture it in-utero, and honor its gentle growth.
And all that entails.
Congratulations, Paula.
You're pregnant!
I love this! I'm pregnant too! And I also had a very similar realization while in Mexico... magical, wonderful, Mexico with all its love, music, friendships and sunshine.
ReplyDeleteWhat a magical trip it was, huh? Glad we could share it! :) Congrats on your own "pregnancy". May you give birth to a beautiful bundle of joy! :)
ReplyDelete