Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What Happens in Wheeler, Stays in Wheeler

Back from my Girl's weekend in Wheeler and surrounding areas of Nehalem and Manzanita. It was exactly what I needed- to get out of town and not be consumed with any other thoughts except what are we going to do next?

I did a whole lot of nothing.

Highlights include:
enjoying some perfectly cooked bacon at Wanda's
Kayaking on Wheeler Bay
shopping at the eclectic stores from Wheeler to Cannon Beach
GIANT BURGER HEAVEN complete with tots at the Sand Dune Pub in Manzannita. I even had a MOnkey Face Porter to complete the experience. Orgasmic.
Buying matching mood rings with the girls, serving as a symbol of a united powerful friendship bond
tide pool exploration at Cannon Beach
sleeping. (our first night there we partied so hard, we all passed out by 9:27pm.)
pulled pork sandwiches by way of Jessica and Kristin's crock pot.
Bad Girls.
Grapefruit

There were countless inside jokes born of conversations and outright girl silliness, and new nicknames christened. Oh my girls- Jessica, Kristin (the birthday girl we were celebrating) and Belinda - what awesome friends I have.
Thanks for being my fellow 4 Way Treats, for not making fun of me for throwing up pulled pork at 1:42am, helping me to laugh myself back to who I am, and helping find my paddling rhythm, crack my back, and enable me with peanut butter ice cream on a waffle cone. You are all bright shiny stars in my sky. Love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment