Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Monday, February 8, 2010

This one is for Mom

Look what I did!!!!



Mom, our coloring just got more similar.



Do I love it? Oh yes I do!! Why did I resist so long?
It's a whole new Paula. :)


Other stuff:

- Allergy meds finally kicked in today. I can be outside and breath. It is such a miracle.
-I started this thing called "Soul Coaching". Its a book a co-worker gave me, after she heard me talking about my 2010 Plan of Action. Its right in line with what i want for myself. Its digging deep to clean out the emotional clutter both in the head and mind as well as in the home. Its a 28 day program, working with the 4 different elements- Air, Water, Fire, Earth. Lots of journaling. Today- I cleaned out my car and detailed it. It feels sooooooo awesome to drive a clean car. I get so busy I forget how important that is to me. I have cleaned out my closet, given stuff away. I actually have an empty drawer in my dresser. And ya know what? I like it. Its a drawer for possibilities. I also took 5 minutes to tidy up the area in front of my house- the front flower bed. I raked up all the dead leaves and that feels nice too. Now i just need to get rid of the fire pit that isn't mine....

- I had to drive out to my chiropractor in Orenco Station and I took the very long way home, avoiding traffic on the freeway. I wound my way through old neighborhoods and streets. - places where I have lived or have a memory. The sun was shining and I even opened the sun roof. It turned out to be a really good day for a drive.

- I had 4 1/2 vials of blood drawn today. I had to fast too. Dr. B wants to retest all of my hormone levels and see how things might need to be adjusted. I feel stuck - like something needs to be tweaked. I also lost 12 lbs last month!!! Which may not seem like a lot for most people, but for me- thats huge! I can feel when my hormones turn sluggish. I am reminded that the work I am doing - lightening the load both physically and emotionally is happening. Tangible forward movement. Let's carry on with that, shall we?

- next Tuesday I am having my first therapy session in a couple of years. Part of becoming my smaller self means looking at the emotions that are connected. I feel like its at a cellular level. She is an intuitive therapist- which is what I have been looking for- someone who can help me with my own intuitive blocks as well as understand my particular gifts. That same day, I am having a hot stone massage by my friend Christina. She is soooo amazing. And she comes to my house to do it! How awesome is that? Massage is part of my body image work- allowing myself to be in my skin and experience it more joyously. It feels really divine.

All in all, I really feel like I am coming into my own- in ways that are quite unexpected and welcome.
And....well.... that's all I got right now. Time to do the dishes, dinner, and clean house for my client coming tomorrow. If I write anymore, I'll only perpetuate the procrastination. If I put on Bridget Jones Diary while I clean, I will be more concerned with Mr. Darcy than what needs to be done around here. Oh! Mr. Darcy!!!

1 comment:

  1. You keep talking about that stone massage... hmmmm coming soon to a Derrick near you. lol

    ReplyDelete