From Wikipedia:
"Ganesha is widely revered as the Remover of Obstacles[10] and more generally as Lord of Beginnings and Lord of Obstacles (Vighnesha, Vighneshvara),[11] patron of arts and sciences, and the deva of intellect and wisdom."
"Ganesha is Vighneshvara or Vighnaraja, the Lord of Obstacles, both of a material and spiritual order.[82] He is popularly worshipped as a remover of obstacles, though traditionally he also places obstacles in the path of those who need to be checked. Paul Courtright says that "his task in the divine scheme of things, his dharma, is to place and remove obstacles. It is his particular territory, the reason for his creation."
My friend the masseuse, Christina, recently returned from a trip to India. With her she brought back many gifts, both tangible and unseen by the human eye. One of which was an image of Ganesh. She offered it to me randomly one day at the place we work. I picked one very similar to the picture above. I was aware that I was supposed to have this image of Ganesh and that this was not a random happening after all. I am not too familiar with this particular deity. Later in the day I asked Christina what he symbolizes. " He is the remover of obstacles" she said. Aha! Of course. 2010 is my year for doing that very thing.
Old relationship patterns, beliefs, weight, physical stuff- all the while paving the way to my highest good.
Yesterday, I went for a walk/run in my neighborhood. I love it here. The smells and sounds. The sights. Breathing in the fresh air. Halfway through my walk, I was joined my a higher version of myself- my smaller self. Suddenly out of no where she appeared to me smiling. She has dark hair, pulled back into a bouncy pony tail. Her face is leaner, though still round. Her eyes sparkly. She was petite. Couldn't have weighed more than 130. Curvy. Subtly pronounced biceps. She was wearing a tight pink sleeveless running tank top. Black cropped running pants, and arm band with our pink ipod and the same pink and gray Nike's as myself. At first I didn't realize I was looking at a future vision of myself, until she smiled. "Oh! There you are! " I said. " I wondered what you looked like." She ran alongside me the rest of my 40 minutes outside.
"You can do this. We can do this." my smaller self stated. She ran with me again today. As we were walking up the steep driveway home, she reminded me again that we are the same person. And as I walked up to my door and into the house, we united back into one body- ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment