"Vulnerability is one of the last things we share with people, yet one of the first things they try to recognize."
~Dallas Clayton
When I came home last night, after a long day of inventory at work, the winds were whipping up around the cottage like I have never seen. It does tend to get windy up here on the hill, but last night I went to bed feeling a bit nervous.
These were, I knew instinctively, the New Year Winds Of Change. When one asks for change in their life- they deliver. Much like invoking Kali, the Hindu Goddess of destruction, one must be sure and open about exactly what they are inviting in. Because from destruction, something new is born. The new cannot be created until what was, has been eliminated from the path.
As I layed in my warm, cozy, comfortable bed, listening the the wind snap branches against the strong, sturdy little cottage, I started to worry. The cottage is surrounded by huge, tall, trees- what if one fell onto the cottage when I was sleeping? What if I was injured? Or worse yet- what if I met an unfortunate end?
"Paula- get a grip, girl! You are safe and you are fine. And hey if its your time to go- its your time to go and there is no negotiating that. Chillax and rest in the knowledge that the Universe has your back."
This morning, in the light, I connected that fear of the wind with the fear of being open to vulnerability. What I am doing is some brave stuff. Being courageous in life, doesn't mean that fear isn't present. It just means that there are times when you have to give the fear that threatens to take hold, the middle finger and take the higher road, and do what you are called to do.
We never know when our time is actually going to be up. Waking up to be able to take another deep breath, to stretch the legs, and drink in the sights of what it means to live this life- well that is a gift. One I want to receive with wild abandon and share with anyone who wants to accept it.
"Cuz this life is too short to live it just for you
But when you feel so powerless what are you gonna do
So say what you want
Say what you want"
~Nellie Furtado "Powerless"
*BTW, readers, I don't post every entry on FB. I just post the ones that I want to have a bit more exposure.(tomorrows post is the one that is making me nervous! Stay tuned...) By no means do I believe that everyone will or does read about me and the extremely interesting details of my life all of the time. However, for those who are interested in sharing the complete journey, I wanted to point out that one can follow my blog by subscribing. Did you know you can subscribe anonymously? Yep. So if you just want to live vicariously and in a voyeuristic manner- that dream can be yours too. Check out the "Google Follower" button to the right here, under my picture. It will prompt you to sign in, and then choose whether you want to follow publicly or privately. Thanks for reading! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment