Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Exodus to Egypt


EXODUS - TO BREAK THROUGH TRADITIONAL TEACHINGS TO TRUTH AND THE WORD OF LIFE

In November of 2007, I made a decision to go to Egypt. After months of planning for my ultimate adventure, finally Monday, January 20, 2009 - I leave for Cairo, Egypt.

This trip symbolizes so many things. It brings to fruition the dream of a six year old girl, who used to get lost in the pages of books almost as big as she was, about the people, places, and things of ancient times. It ads a sense of authenticity to the stories and drawings she created then.
It is the kick-off of my thirtieth year, in this life. It stands for my independence and vision to be brave enough to go after that which I seek.
And what is it exactly, that I seek? Knowledge. Feeling. Physical and spiritual connection to this place that has been calling me home for as long as I can remember. Adventure. A sense of spirit. The proof that I really can accomplish anything I set out to. There is a lot of gratitude as well. The Universe has helped me pay for this trip through it's gifts. And I will not forget that for one second that I am there.

So here I go kids. I am headed for NYC tomorrow for the first time. I will be meeting up with my friend Diane, who will show me a bit of her hometown. I fly out of JFK for Cairo on Monday evening, arriving there on Tuesday at 12:30pm EET (there is a 10 hour time difference, which will make it 2:30am here). I will write when I can. I will be keeping a journal and posting the entries here as I am able to. When I arrive home, I will be putting together a little slideshow/movie for your viewing pleasure. I will be in touch to let you know when I and it are ready to be shared. :)

My friend Mike Settle identifies himself as " a connoisseur of life's amazing moments" and always says " Don't die wondering". And as I ready myself for this grand adventure, I hear and feel the message in his words more strongly than before. Here I am - really doing it. Life is about being brave and courageous. It is about asking for what we want 100% of the time and having the faith to know it's on it's way. And that when what you want shows up at your door, you are brave enough to say " Yes!"
I encourage you all to create a vision for your own grand adventure. And then - go get'em , Tiger!

2 comments:

  1. Courage is the greatest of all the virtues. Because if you haven't courage, you may not have an opportunity to use any of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! It seems you and I are both traveling down paths unseen and unknown to us at the same time, cool!(i'm talking about my play up here)

    I'm so happy you are going to Egypt via New York City, so you can take in the sights of a fantastic city. I can't wait to hear from you upon your return home. I will be in Portland on February 21-February 25, if we can meet up i'd love to.

    I'm proud of you for just doing it. Love you!

    - Kelly

    ReplyDelete