Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

" You Gotta Believe!"

I must be making progress in my break-up process.
I heard this song today on my way to work, I didn't shed one tear.

Instead all I could think about was how I hope that someday, I get to be with a man who feels that way about me.
I have yet to experience that fully.
Which led me to examine what I must be doing to not have attracted a man who wants to feel that way about being together.
What is it?
If we get what we put out into the world, why have not yet attracted a partner who is my equal, or mostly my equal?
Aaaahhh yes thats right.
Because I want to challenge myself and all that I am.
Too bad it has to hurt like a bitch.
And....
....I miss him.
But it went as far as it could go. I learned a lot about myself. And have started making a new "list". Ya'll know the list I am talking about.
It's the list you compile after you have made it through yet another failed and unfullfilling relationship (ok I guess that's a "glass half empty perception, and not totally in line with my natural disposition- but I am going through thte bitter and resentful phase...)
It's the list of all of the things you will not allow in your next relationship.
Whenever THAT might be.( Not that I am in any hurry...)
And that list starts to turn into the things you would really like to experience in a person and in a relationship.
What's on my list?
Not as many things as you might expect - I got pretty close this last time.

And like Derrick's Dyon Sanders do rag he wore on moving day, that read " You gotta believe!",
I recognize that I too have to foster a belief that whatever I need to experience will be brought to me.
Oh and Miss Kyra and Miss Malinda - thanks for your kind words and don'tcha know that you two will be at the top of my list for girly get-togethers at my new home! Love to you both :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your strength and girl power!! you never cease to amaze me in how strong you are.

    I love you and can't wait to see you and your new home ;)

    ReplyDelete