What an appropriate address! A place that is my sanctuary where the boundaries for myself can be re-evaluated and redefined. And I can have a cat! I am thinking about getting two kittens - a boy and a girl. I can see it now - cozy, rainy afternoons knitting on the couch, with my aunt Kyra's lentil soup on the stove. Mugs of tea and Coldplay in the background. Candles lit, kittens scurrying and purring about. My art projects covering the table.
The first thiing I want to do, and I am hoping the very nice, sweet people who own it will let me, is paint! As it is now the walls throughout are all painted a soft, buttery yellow. I am so not feeling that yellow. This place needs to be my home where I put myself back together, and I cannot do it with yellow walls.

This is the main house, my apartment is not pictured, but it is to the left, at the end of the driveway. There are two women who rent the main house. Yeah - girl power!!

This is the tiny bathroom. There is a full tub, on the left of the toilet. Perfect for soaking in! Check out the countertop- yep that's red!

Here's a shot of the living room. The bedroom looks very simialar. Notice the yellow. I am thinking a soft blue in here - somewhere between a robin's egg blue and a sky blue. In the bedroom, a nice, soft green.

This is the "kitchenette". It's got full size appliances, but not a whole lot of counter space. And that wall paper? It looks better close up, but is still a bit of an eyesore for me. I think the apartment was done in the 70's or 80's. I wonder if they would let me take it off?.....
The apartment's additional perks: a free shared washer and dryer, a huge backyard ( that I only have to appreciate and enjoy as opposed to doing the gardening and upkeep), and free cable (uh-oh!). It's in a lovely neighborhood, hidden away.
My move in date is still tenetive - it could be as soon as tomorrow or Tuesday of next week.
The boys moved out yesterday, so it's just me here until I can get moved. That's good because it has allowed me to really cry like I have needed to, and just really think and process everything that has happened over the last week.
Once I leave the house on Illahe, it will be time for a fresh start for me! Living easy on Boundary Street.
I am glad to see what was given to you. It appears to be so right for you now Paula. Well, I am excited and happy for you.
ReplyDeleteAs I say one doesnt always get what one wants but one gets what they need. We are always given enough. Ok the egoic needs are such but really what we truly need we always have and again you showed us all that it is the way it is.
Be happy and be well!
with love,
Your kraze Kosmic Kyra
Good luck, the place looks really cute and I hope they let you paint so it'll really feel like your house.
ReplyDeleteI hope I can come visit you in your new place. I am sure we'll find a way to see more of each other. I know life is crazy as adults w/work and life and all that but I would really like to see you more.
Good luck and if you need anything please call, email, text...
Hugs,
Malinda