Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Falling into place

"Dear Fall, I can in fact feel your presence stealthily seducing me. Your gently crisp mornings stir my soul...im ready for you. Come and get me ♥"

image via the travelerszone.com

The Summer is slipping away, and I am content to let it go. It was hell of a Summer- I seized as much as I possibly could. There were endless days of blue skies, working in the yard, my first veggie garden, making jam, napping under the tulip tree,  BBQs, laughs with friends, river floats, (3 concerts: The Head & The Heart, Florence & The Machine, and Steve Martin and Emmylou Harris), a family reunion, and several profound realizations that leave me inspired and motivated to move forward in my life. 

And... I am also exhausted. These first days of September find me happy to have some solitude. There is breathing room to let the days of Summer and the memories created be fully digested. There is a nagging desire to deeply clean my house. I want to hunker down for the next couple of weeks to reflect for the Next Big Things coming. I want to take long, hot baths and just soak it all in. Just a few weeks to let the pieces Fall into place.

Aww the sweet seduction of Autumn. I give of myself willingly. Taking it all in. There are loose plans  that involve a few quiet nights of coming home to my Husband, aka The Crock Pot, and fueling up with hearty, yummy meals  of veggies and roasted meat. Fires crackling, losing myself in a  good book or catching up on my netflix. The annual baking of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread. Pumpkin pancakes on my weekend...mmmmm.....The leaves on the tulip tree will begin to turn a brilliant yellow. The air will take on a crispness in the mornings and the evenings. Even now, its dark at 9pm, and I find myself ready to head into my cozy bed much earlier than I have been used to, succumbing to the sexiness of the season. 

Because what is really appealing to me, is the change- the shift from one thing to the next. My life has felt so very stagnant the last couple of months, that as I prepare for whatever is headed my way, it feels nice to know that I made it  to this restful place of transition. I can exhale now, and breathe in all of the delicious days with immense pleasure,  as they come. 





1 comment:

  1. Mmm pumpkin pancakes sound delicious. Would you share your recipe? I just randomly found your blog. I'm new to blogging. I like how you write. I'm not a fan of autumn... But you make it sound nice. Maybe the pumpkin pancakes will help me :)
    Take care,
    AnneJolie Jiujitsu (AJJ).

    ReplyDelete