It's wedding week! Yay !!!My dear friend Alexis & Chris' wedding is this Saturday. Yours truly will be at the helm, steering the ship towards wedded bliss.
One of the things I do to gear up for a wedding is to watch all of my wedding related movies leading up to the big day. To get into the mindset, if you will.
Today I watched "Bridget Jones' Diary", and for those of you who know me well, you know this is one of my all time favorite movies. It's for many reasons: I loved the book - like most who read it- we can relate to Bridget. And then there's Mark Darcy, who's character is a nod to Jane Austen's Mr. Darcy of "Pride & Prejudice" fame. (Also one of my very favorite books / movies; both versions*)
Mr. Darcy of P&P is played by Colin Firth. He reprises that role in the contemporary adapted version of that story, "Bridget Jones' Diary".
And that Mr. Darcy- Colin Firth too, actually, in anything he does- is wicked yummy.
Seriously. He is so damned hot, I can hardly stand it!!
Where is my Mark Friggin' Darcy I ask you???!!!
Where!!!???
*sigh*
*the version done with Keira Knightly & Matthew McFadden was equally as beautiful. My very favorite scene is the last scene in the moor, misty morning, delicious Matthew spilling his heart out to Keira. *sigh* I never tire of watching. Ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment