Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I hate Hospitals


(not my actual uterus in this pic. I "googled" this image. There were some pretty gross ones...*shiver*)
A week ago today, at this very same time- I was in the ER. For the second time of that week.
The first time was Monday night- when I had to abruptly end a reunion dinner with my friends Anne & Malinda, so that my brother could drive me to the ER. I was in serious pain and scared because I had no idea what was wrong with me.
I left the ER 2 1/2 hours later without seeing a dr, and by my choice. I was feeing better, and they wanted to stick an IV in me-- Hellllllll no!
The next day I saw my naturepath, who sent me to Urgent care. No one could seem to figure out, though there were several theories in the works. I was feeling a little better- the intense pain had subsided by the time I had made it to bed the night before.
But Wednesday morning found me back at Urgent care in pain- they, baffled, sent me back to the ER.
Once admitted into the ER, and after the 4th attempt, the nice male nurse put an IV in my right arm ( Now my arm is all bruised up and it looks like I had the crap beat out of me..). A round of morphine and a pelvic ultrasound later (hey that's the most action I have had in months!), the very cute and friendly (married) doctor informed me that I had a cyst on my right ovary, roughly the size of a golfball.
I was elated! FINALLY I knew what was wrong.
So now what?
Well we wait to see that it shrinks down in month or so.
Take ibuprofin for the pain- Vicadin if needed for intense pain.
Acupuncture on my abdomen.
Avoid strenuous activity (good thing I am currently sans love-ah...)- anything that might cause my cyst to rupture (which = another $$$$ visit to the ER and LOTS OF INTENSE PAIN.)
I am happy to be alive, my friends, and my ovaries and I have had a major bonding expereince.
Also, many thanks to my brother Derrick, and Athena and her mom, for looking after me, laughing at/with me, and being there for me in those moments when I was really, really scared. I love you both so much!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you finally know what is causing the pain. I am glad you are feeling a little better. It was nice to see you that night but worrisome that you didn't feel well so it's good to know that you are doing ok and at least have a game plan. Keep us posted on the upcoming events. As always if you need anything let me know.

    ReplyDelete