Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Love remains

Currently on my bedside table, one of about 5 books, is the novel "Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. I am only half way through it, and am absolutely enthralled with it.
I feel connected to many of her feelings and experiences. The way she is telling her story is captivating and entertaining. I highly recommend it.
There are many things I have picked up in the book- today a I was thinking about the quote " When the karma of a relationship is finished, only love remains."
What a truth! I can relate to that... Can you believe it will be a year at the end of this month, since I split up with my ex? Where did the time go??!! And during this year, I allowed myself to really experience the emotions of the situation as they came up. Anger, grief, hurt, self-doubt, lack of trust, surrender, forgivness...each feeling powerful and moving in it's own way. Looking back, I am amazed at my strength and how I carried on through it all.
And in the end, in the story of my ex and I - there is no anger left, or regret on my end. There is a twinge of bittersweet sadness at how it ended. But I don't wish him anything bad- I wish him well. And am quite ambivalent about the whole thing now. Because the karma of our relationship is done and over with. All that remains is the thing that connected us in the first place- love.

No comments:

Post a Comment