Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Upside of Anger


I have my Netflix randomly set up, so that I never know what's coming, I only know that something is coming.
Which is kind of how I like to live my life.
Today Netflix brought me " The Upside of Anger" (http://www.upsideofanger.com/). I had not a clue what the movie was about, which again is how I like it. I enjoy the surprise that is born of the unexpected turns in the plot. There is some good stuff in there.

I really loved this movie. I highly recommend it. It made me realize how amazing it is that one can spend so much time being angry over something that we think is the truth of the situation, when in fact it was something else altogether, that brought us an even more profound lesson.

"Anger & resentment can stop you in your tracks. That's what I know now. It needs nothing to burn but the air and life it swallows and smothers. Its real though- the fury. Even when it isn't. It can change you. Turn you. Mold you and shape you into someone you're not. The only upside to anger then, is the person you've become. Hopefully that someone wakes up one day and realizes they're not afraid of it's journey. Someone who knows that truth is, at best, a partially told story. That anger, like growth, comes in spurts and fits. And its wake leaves a new chance at acceptance. And the promise of calm."

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear this movie is good I wanted to watch it and it's actually on my netflix.

    ReplyDelete