Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Communication Vacation=Bliss


Oh dear friends & family
Can I just say thank you for supporting me on my little vacation from all modes of communication? I am not even sure I could express to you in words just how glorious it has felt to not be checking my phone, or feel obligated to reply to emails or interact with other human beings? It's bliss for me right now.
So what have I been doing?
Sleeping! I slept for 12 hours both on Sunday night and last night. I expect to do it again tomorrow. Nyquil has helped to send me to Sleepy Land as well as help my cold diminish. Also that whole Vick's vapo rub on the feet to stop coughing - AMAZING! I felt incredible the next morning. Like a lovely spa treatment...)
It has been awesome to not have plans, to have to be anywhere, do anything...I wake feeling so happy to just be. To breathe. To relax. T o lounge...
Netflix has been my crack these days. I have watched:
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
Arrested Development Season 1( Hilarious! It's nice to see another dysfunctional family I can relate to. Or at least laugh at. )
Weeds Season 1 ( I loved this- I think it was my freind Luke who said the lead character reminds him of me- I can definately see that. Though I can't quite put my finger as to why. Maybe it's her frequent and creative uses of the F word. Oh and that Conrad - yuuummmmyyy.... I definitely would)
I have also logged in countless hours of watching the travel channel, food network, E!, Lifetime enjoying such popular favorites as :
The Barefoot Contessa - Ina both annoys and soothes me.
Paula Dean's Cooking show ( I swear this Paula is my alter ego - and who I will aspire to end up like when I reach her fabulous age.)
The Golden Girls - it never gets old
Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations
Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals ( SHe annoys the crap out of me, but I hate to admit she sometimes has some good ideas. That's currently what's on the tube as I write this.)
I made a trip out to the store yesterday, before I began my period of chosen confinement. I needed food to get me through 3 days without having to leave the house. I wanted to shop like a civilian, so I went to Trader Joes.
Tonight, being rather inspired by watching other people cook, I decided to make a Chicken Creamy Pesto.
Mmmmm... it smells good. Without a food processor, my pesto is a bit more rustic. Chopped basil, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 cup parmesan cheese, olive oil, chopped spinach, heavy cream, salt and pepper, and a few chopped cherry tomatoes. Saute over medium, add chopped herbed chicken breast and bring to a simmer. Boil some water and add quinoa pasta. Voila! A delicious dinner for one. And enough left for lunch for tomorrow and Thursday.
I have been in my new pajama pants for the last 24 hours. Wearing my SPice girls t-shirt. Hair up in bun. Not giving a flying f*#ck about much of anything. ( Kyra - would you believe they fit perfectly? I have never been in a small before. Hmmm.. though after the pesto I may not be able to wear them for a while! LOL)
I painted my nails.
I am sorting and organizing through my desk/armoire.
I made a New Years collage.
I plan to end the evening with a bath- lavender and eucalyptus scented. Change pajamas. Read. Find a cookie recipe to make for girls night. Yes, I am even feeling like making cookies. Unbelievable I know.
I feel soooooo much better in just a short time. Though truthfully, I could spend a whole week like this. I am in a state of relaxed bliss. And it's fabulous! I am thinking about making this a once a month thing. And perhaps turning into a spa time long weekend. It's nice I have the brain space and the time to contemplate such a plan!

2 comments:

  1. Hi P! I'm glad to hear of your relaxation holiday.

    We all need that once in a while- or all the time. ;D

    -iii-()

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you ate taking some paula time. Sorry I have been out of touch lately. I haven been really overwhelmed and I quit my job so I am alot more stress free now and whenever you get a chance (if you still want to hang out) give me a call or email msamabisca@mac.com

    ReplyDelete