Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Peeling Away & Rising Up


"So if it's happiness you want, that's what you'll get. You gotta rise up, Little Sister, turn on the light..."
~Diana Birch, "Rise Up"


Last week, I had one of the best days! A spontaneous Clackamas River float with two of my favorite friends was the highlight of my week! It was a picturesque July Summer Day. Hardly anyone on the river that early Thursday afternoon. Endless blue sky, 80 degree temps, and the anticipation of the Summer's first float.
It was by all accounts, a perfect, perfect day. I could not have asked for more fun! What I did need for myself however, was an additional sunscreen application. My Sweet Baby Jesus, did I get burned! My legs- my thighs more specifically- as well as the tender, delicate skin of my decolletage  were quite badly affected. Totally worth it. Abso'f'n-lutely.

Now, I am itching like a crazy person. Both literally and figuratively. I am healing from the burns of carelessness, shedding the old skin, healing as a new layer is exposed.

That's pretty symbolic- and you know me- I am not one to dismiss symbolism.

The climate in my life is changing. I can literally feel it happening with each passing second. Time stands still and it flies by all at once. I am on the verge of a very significant shift. Its all  going to happen at once. The rug underneath me is going to pulled out from underneath me in all of the most exciting ways- and set me flying about on a magic carpet ride like nothing I have never known. All at once the feelings of restlessness, creativity, action, excitement, fearlessness and total certainty flow through my veins. This coming shift is what I have been working so hard on for the last 5 years. All of my efforts, digging in, wiggling loose and immersing myself in the process of rising up is about to pay off.

This feeling is absolute, though I couldn't say exactly what is coming. I have an inkling, - no area of my life will be left unaffected. What is coming-  it's big. Very big. The only other time in my life I felt this way was about 8 years ago. I felt it coming weeks before the events actually did. The course of  my life shifted and was shaped in ways I had yet to fathom in that time. It feels very familiar now. I lie in wait, keeping my mind and hands busy until it becomes clearer.

Which is why I am itching. Both figuratively, and literally. Its almost time, but not quite time. And I am ready to get this party started, but circumstances haven't totally lined up. The retrograde ends on the 8th, and it will be go time. I have come a long way, in my healing process. Its time to fly, and I am ready for take-off.  Peeling away the layers that have served me up till now, making way for the delicate, delicious, delightful chapter that comes next. Its a whole new world waiting for me. A fantastic voyage as I have yet to delight in. My Magic Carpet will be boarding in only a matter of time......

<3 p="p">


1 comment: