Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Fast Away

Fast Away the old year passes.

So long 2010 and all of your hard- learned lessons. Welcome 2011. 1.1.11!

This last week of the year, has been filled with lots of happenings: my brother in the hospital and now ok, me contracting wicked food poisoning and missing a dear friend's wedding today, due to mentioned illness. Thats just this last week and half!

Looking back over my 2010 personal plan of action, the theme was cleaning out the nooks and crannies of my life. Boy, I did not know what I was getting into! Let's recap shall we?

"Deep cleaning of the nooks and crannies of every part of my life to allow the total embrace of the greater possibilities."

my home- go through every cupboard, every corner, and let go of the things that are no longer serving me. Dust, vacuum, clean. ( As it turns out, I cleaned it out so well that I cleaned myself into a new home! Hello Magic Cottage!!! Small actions can have big, unexpected results.)

meet with Portland astrologer and enroll in private lessons (I took lessons off and on in 2010. I expect to do more of that in 2011.)

make more time for giving intuitive readings- thin about shifting my job schedule to accommodate this work. (Read for a few new people)

be creative everyday- sew something, paint something, doodle something- whatever. (was more playful, but not nearly as creative as I wanted to be. Having space to create now, will hopefully inspire an increase!)

my body- let's move more, shall we? Dance, stretch, hike, walk for 30 minutes everyday. Let's also make time for stillness in here. Let's meditate and be still in our skin.( I definately hiked more than I have before. I got lax, though. I need to get back into it. Exercise was off and on.)

my head- let's clear out some of these old beliefs that have served as blocks- holding me back from knowing and embracing what I know is possible. If I can dream it- I can do it. Let's go back to therapy and dig really deep in there- body image issues, childhood building block beliefs, parental influences, ancestral influences- all of it. Let's lighten the load and let go of feeling so stuck in this body and this life! (Whoa, whoa, whoa! This is where I did the most work. This was also the hardest. And its never done. I did make some huge dents in the iceberg though. Major progress forward- discovering key blocks and breaking them down. Going back to therapy was a huge catalyst for the emotional excavating that occurred. "

There were other things too, that I didn't make time for or that are spilling over into 2011, such as:

*making time to be creative everyday- either in a big or small way
*making exercise a part of my daily life. I am planning to join a gym in January. I don't care that it is cliche- its also symbolic for me. (I am also looking forward to purchasing a new gym bag and eventually a new ipod for my daily jaunts.)
*finishing up the payment of my debt.( I am sooooo close! This is the year I conquer it and then begin to SAVE!!!!!!!!)
*welcome a new love relationship into my life. It's time. It's been over 3 years since my last relationship. In that time, I have worked hard at letting go of beliefs that have blocked me from accepting real love into my life. I want this to be the time. It is the time. I am ready to be loved and to give love. I am excited to see who comes into my life to share in that lesson with me.
*combat my stress. walk, exercise, swim, yoga, meditation. I want to incorporate all of these methods into my life.( When I am stressed, I am snappy and unpleasant. I am tired and run-down. I want to choose to be energized in my life.)
*travel- I want to go back east, maybe to Hawaii, and up to Canada in 2011.
*try NIA dance and see how it makes me feel.
*volunteer- I have a lot to give and not enough time to give it, it seems. My time is the most precius thing I can give and I want to share it with a purpose and cause.

lots of little things to do- finish setting up my home, make art, commit to selling my work, buy a washer and dryer, Cook more. Have dinner parties with friends. And I want to hug people more often. I want to be a better hugger. Yes.

As always with new years, it feels vast and open. A blank slate waiting to be filled up with possibility, wisdom and adventure.


May it be so for you and yours.YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment