Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Dear Shauna





My best friend, the lovely and Talented Shauna has started a new blog.
With my name on it.
What a tribute, right? :)

6 years ago, my BFF moved to San Diego to take up residence with her father, step-mom and their kids. She went to sort out some questions and connections for herself. In the end, she came home to where her heart could be whole and left a very difficult part of her life there. There is more to it- but that is her story to tell.

While she was there over the course of about 6 months- we wrote each other everyday. To this day, it is the most constant I have ever been in my communication. Both of us had questions to ask, while the other offered clues to the answers the other sought. Our words, heartfelt, deep, raw and beautiful connected us to times of great transition in our lives. I was still mourning the sudden death of my father that previous Feb, and by the time she came home in Nov, D. and I had just began dating only days before. Wow. That was a long time ago! And how far we have come....

In the spirit of those deep daily emails we sent one another, and also to highlight the gifts and talents of the brilliant writer Shauna is- she began a blog called "Dear Paula". The first entry was on my birthday- a sweet gorgeous gift to receive from my soul sister, so dear.

Stop by and check it out, won't you?

http://www.deartylerstracker.com

xoxoxoxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. You were late to the airport when I came home. Make out session with D. Remember? When I saw you, I fell into your arms, as you have since, many times, fell into mine. Back and forth. Back and forth. You are my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are mine. Thank you for helping to hold me up when I forget how to stand. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete