Well, after almost 3 years, I am leaving the Boundary behind.
My cozy little home on Boundary Street is now filled with boxes of my belongings. The walls hold my memories.
Thinking back to who I was when I moved in here, October 15, 2007 astonishes me now. I had just literally gone through the most devastating break-up of my life, a mere week before. I had permanently taken the job at the Cedar Hills Store. And I was on my own for the first time in 8 years. I was lonely, depressed, heartbroken and so unsure of who I was in those moments, feeling like a sad shell of a once vibrant person. I hunkered down in my little place, slowly putting myself back together.
My eyes get a little misty when I think about my impending last day here,(Aug. 31). I feel so different. I feel evolved. I am grateful for this place, and what it allowed me to discover and do for myself. There was so much fun had here! Cozy nights in, chatting over dinner with friends, a few Girl's Nights. Many BBQ's- the Summers were properly Seized! And of course, the final hurrah last month- the outdoor viewing of the Big Lewboski with 25 of my awesome friends!
Memories like these are forever in my heart, and warm it with joy.
snowstorm hell Dec 2008
Where I am moving on to from here, I haven't a clue. I will be putting all of my things in storage for the better part of Sept, and staying with my brother on his couch. Yes- Ellie is coming too. Then we will be house sitting for a friend until mid-September when it is my wish, we shall then move into our perfect apartment! Trusting in the Universe is what I am doing- with a easy faith. I found this place, didn't I, just hours after splitting with my ex. I am confident that when the time is right- my new home will find me.
Until then, I am packing things up, cleaning up, and happily preparing to move on. I am ready to choose a new boundary- widening the scope and expanding my view. Time to let some new people, places and things into my life. Hold on Ellie- things are going to speed up pretty fast now.....Another exciting adventure awaits just around the bend....
Love the look of your home, very jealous!
ReplyDeleteHope you find somewhere where you can recreate this.
Stu