Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Giving Up The Ghost

2 more days and I will be moved out.
There have been some miraculous happenings in the last couple of weeks.
Working on giving up the ghosts that live in my apartment (literally), in my head, and in my heart.
The ex boyfriend did write me, today actually.
I wasn't all that surprised, and then I was surprised. I don't know if that makes enough sense.
It wasn't the letter I had been waiting for, but then it was I suppose. One last push, confirming to the Universe that yes, I am really ready to move on into something different.
Whatever that looks like.
Saying that, to the ghosts, isn't always easy.
And you never are totally 100% sure that they get the message.
But they must.
Love lives on in the spaces we work in, long after we have left them.
Little points of light to remind us where we have been, and compel us forward into the unknown.

About a week ago, I found the perfect apartment. The one I said I wanted, where I wanted, with everything I wanted. 2 hours before I was to meet the landlady to see it, she called me. " I just rented it.", she told me.
Damn.
I guess it wasn't the right one.
I wasn't upset, because I know a miracle had just happened.

What I asked for exists.
It just wasn't the right time.

Knowing that, shifted something in me. It opened me up the the possibility that I could have what I deeply desire. It means I don't have to settle.
It means that as usual, it comes down to timing.
And faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment