Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake



Oh Hello!

I am so sorry it's been too long since my last post.
Lost of crafty-ness going on between wedding meetings, work,bbq's and cleaning up after myself.
And also the making of Strawberry costumes.

At my place of employment, we had our first annual Strawberry Festival, to herald the arrival of our much coveted Oregon Hood berries. These berries are amazing. Unlike what the world is used to in regards to strawberry normalcy. They are small and powerful. Dense and sweet.

Hey.. kinda like me!


Costumes were encouraged and you know I was all to happy to oblige!
In 48 hours I whipped this up, using components from the famous cupcake costume and creating some new pieces. All berries were handmade. And yes, even that awesome head piece.




Our next festival is for the celebration of stone fruit, July. You know- peaches, plums, cherries.. etc. And yes- my costume is already in the works!

2 comments: