~I want to buy new workout shoes. The thought of getting up before sunrise to go for a walk/semi-run in my neighborhood is kind of appealing. I love watching the sunrise- though I have done it so rarely. But being up-m feeling my internal clock struggling to find the reset button has me wondering if it's changing because of my hormones/being in my 30's. Hmmm....
~the remains of my Christmas flu are few and lingering. It is in these wee hours of early morning that I can feel it attempt to take up residence in my chest. I have acupuncture and a visit with my ND today, so perhaps we can finish it off with a plan of final attack.
~working on designing a floating centerpiece for my wedding client's Mexico wedding. Research on the net is leaving me empty and much to be desired. Local florists are not keen on divulging secrets. The research continues....
~this song is stuck in my head, conjurring up memories of summer in my late tens/early 20's. ANd it makes my nostalgic for the series of "Sieze the Summer BBQ's " I hosted this past summer. I am looking forward to doing it again, and hopefully starting earlier- in June. Want to buy some more twinkle lights and furniture, and really spruce up the patio in preparation. Looking back, its an impressive commitment I followed through on - a BBQ a week from July - Labor Day. I loved never knowing who was going to show up from the random guest list. I think this next summer I'd like to open it up wider.
~I spotted this event yesterday
Elizabeth Gilbert
Picking up where her bestselling memoir Eat, Pray, Love left off, Elizabeth Gilbert's Committed (Viking) details the extraordinary circumstances that surround her love with Felipe, the man she swore never to marry. "Presented in the author's easy-going, conversational style, the material is intriguing and often insightful," says Kirkus Reviews. Please note: This ticketed event takes place at the Bagdad Theater, 3702 SE Hawthorne Blvd. Tickets, $27, include admission and a copy of Committed, and are available at the Bagdad Theater, the Crystal Ballroom, and Ticketmaster.
Preorder a signed edition of Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage.
Monday, January 25th @ 7pm Bagdad Theater
3702 SE Hawthorne Blvd. (503) 236-9234
and promptly planned for me and my BFF Shauna to attend. I loved Elizabeth Gilbert's book "Eat Love Pray". I am terribly excited to read her new book about marriage for a couple of reasons- one being that I work in the wedding industry and am an ordained minister and also because I really feel like marriage is up for serious and honest re-construction for so many people at this time. It's inner-workings and foundations are being re-built in a lot of different ways - especially for people in my generation. Also, being a Sagittarius, my sign is pegged for being commitment-phobic (which is not the exact case with me. My venus- or planet of relationships is in Scorpio, which means I actually deeply desire rooted, passionate commitment and am happiest when I am in love in a serious committed monogamous relationship.) and I am very interested to hear her take on the journey.
~I am super excited about meeting my SIGG bottle rep, Jed, for dinner tonight. He's in town from the Bay Area and he's calling on all of his Portland accounts. Since I am off on the days he's in town, he graciously offered to take me to dinner. I am eager to show him Nicholas and indulge in some really awesome Lebanese food. Falafel...Mmmmmm...
~want to make time to re-paint my toes sometime over the next week. The polish is sad and chippy.
~really want to clean out my car. Probably tomorrow.
~have a sewing project to complete that I will elaborate on later. And a couple more I am researching and hope to finish next month.
~want to check a few items off of my deep cleaning nooks and crannies list. Maybe some cupboard re-organizing. I don't know- it could get a little crazy.
~upload some new music to my ipod, like the above mentioned song as well as this other one I just remembered and have been meaning to upload for the last year:
~research books to read while in Mexico in March. So far I am recommitting myself to finish The Kite Runner ( had a hard time after a particularly disturbing event in the book), and want to to read Little, Big by John Crowely. I also am looking forward to the above mentioned " Committed" by Elizabeth Gilbert.
Ummm... wow. I carry a lot in my head. Which also prompts me to continue on with my "Morning Pages" based on the work of Julia Cameron and "Vein of Gold".
No comments:
Post a Comment