Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Coming Out of The Broom Closet




When I was a little girl, one of my favorite games to play, was called "Witch Fairy". I would play for hours on my own and sometimes with friends, imagining and playing inside an imaginary world where I could make magic happen as easily as I thought about things.

I have been witchy all my life, and yet I did not connect that knowledge with my own particular spiritual path until a few years ago. Quietly, I have owned myself as a witch. In the last year, I have very serendipitously become head of an informal coven. I have embraced myself as a Pagan, not a Wiccan (Wicca is an organized religion, and while I mean no disrespect, I prefer to be unorganized in my spirituality). Claiming my witchy self, has helped me to strengthen my beliefs about the world and my place in it. My Celtic and Cherokee lineage seems to burn brightly in my blood, and the gifts I have been blessed with illuminate my path. Magic is quite everyday and practical in my life. Because magic, is quite simply intention fueled by action. Its in our thoughts and deeds and combines with the energies around us to manifest the negative and the positive.



For me, belief in it all is what rings true for me. I say yes to God, Goddess, Buddha, Krishna,Jesus and Allah, etc. I prefer to cherry pick from those messengers that speak to me. There are many voices and many paths that lead to, as I see it, the very same door. They all have important information to be shared. As I have built/ build my own personal witchcraft practice, it all seems very normal to me to have a little bit of everything. Rocks and trees speak to me.There is a Buddha statue in my hallway. The energies and herbs combine to enhance my own or someone else's energy. I pray to anyone who might be listening, or sometimes to specific gods/god/godesses/saints/ etc. My intuitive abilities serve me and combine very nicely with my spirituality. I honor my ancestors and glean their wisdom. I celebrate the seasons and mark them with ritual.




There are new people in my life, and being in a new job location lends itself to encouraging bit of reinvention of myself. Or rather, it is feeling more comfortable in revealing parts of myself I have been quiet about all these years. Its lovely to be accepted for who I am, with kind and curious questions. So, here I am, coming out of the broom closet, and letting the magic loose!





Blessed Be!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on letting what is already there flourish. LOVE. =)

    ReplyDelete