Sweet and sassy. True and raw. Isn't life delicious?

Sweet and sassy. True and raw. This is the place I empty my head and open my heart.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bubbling n' simmering



There are things simmering away around here... I have been diligently working on my paintings for the new Etsy store I am opening. The whimsical collection will be made into prints and I will sell them online. It has been so fun to come back to my artist self. I forgot I was an artist for the last ten years.
Since remembering, not only has my appetite for inspiration and creativity expanded, but I am finding inspiration everywhere. I have to keep a small notebook on me at all times for sketching ideas, writing phrases of inspiration and setting goals.
The shop is part of my grand master plan to work independently and abundantly for myself. I would like to leave my great job to do work that makes my heart sing and my head buzz with passionate satisfaction. The Grand Master Plan is roughly outlined as follows:

1.)Open Etsy shop, have it up and running by fall/ winter 2009. It will be successful as it's own entity that does well; serving as extra income and an outlet for my creative inspiration. I will also be open to custom orders (similar to custom paintings I have done for friends as gifts)
2.) study astrology under experienced local/global astrologer(s). Become more knowledgeable in astrology, so that my natal chart readings and counseling skills are greatly improved.
3.) Build website for my astrological & intuitive consulting practice.
4.)Continue event wedding planning- no more than 1-3 weddings per year. Content with this being a back burner aspect of my work.
5.)lighten my work load at my current job, to allow for astrological and/ or intuitive readings a couple of days a week, and time for painting/sewing/crafting for the shop.
6.) leave my current job to work for myself, while maintaining current level of health care/ insurance and making as much or more than I currently do. Consistently booking and keeping 18-35 readings per month. (panic sets in as I wonder where the clients will come from!!!)
7.) save nest egg for down payment on a home that has space for an office/studio, mud room, big kitchen (w/ a dishwasher lots of cabinets) and guest room(s).
8.) go on one big vacation a year outside of the US.
9.) be open to meeting a partner to share it all with and do.


I expect the Grand Master Plan to take some time to complete ( a couple of years?). Once I do, it will be time for another plan to be formed for some other chapter in my life. For now, this plan is cooking away, bubbling up with good things. And yes, it's hard work and I am tired- I also feel certain of my direction.


I am living the dream, my friends. Yes, indeedy.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Paula,

    How are you? Time is going by fast isn't it? Eight months since we met. I see your blog has changed but you remain positive and great. =)

    ReplyDelete