
I have noticed a trend in my life lately, which speaks volumes to me. Castles have started showing up kind of randomly.
Some months back, I was given a bit of info about myself from one of my friends who shares some of the same intuitive gifts as I have. She told me she saw me living inside a fortress( figuratively speaking); the walls high and thick. Those whom were personally invited, would be the only ones allowed to come though the door. Mind you this was back in June or July - long before I dreamt the break up and betrayal, long before I found my present home and sanctuary.
On BOUNDARY Street.
A place that is somewhat hidden. One drives down a hill, through a busy/crazy intersection, past the "Psychic Reader", up a hill, over three large speed bumps, to a house with a long driveway. And supposing one makes it that far, one still has to knock and be granted permission to enter.
My home truly does feel like my fortress. I feel safe here. To cry. To dream. To heal. To plan. To make myself whole once again. And I choose who comes into my life. The world is scrutinized a bit more closely than before. I listen more to those little messages I receive; that I was so quick to dismiss before. I find myself peering out from behind the " thick, high walls" at those who may wish to enter into my life, and watch them, listening to see if they are worthy of entering my sacred space.
The castle theme started back a few entries with the Kelly Clarkson video. There's the castle with the lyrics to match. I know how she feels...
My pic on my phone is that shot of the castle at Disneyland in yesterday's entry - my constant reminder to stay inside and be strong. And to not to be afraid to dream.
Yesterday I received a post card from my friend Luke, who is currently living it up in Germany somewhere. The post card is of the Royal Castle Neuschwanstein (pictured up top there). I laughed to myself to see that castle post card with my Boundary St. address written in Luke's handwriting. I t suddenly all made sense to me yesterday, standing out at the mailbox. He has no idea even, how funny that is to me! It's completely random...
But it fits.
I feel kind of like Rapunzel. I feel myself almost waiting for some prince or un-prince, as well as friends old and new, and people who want something from me to ride up charging, asking me to let down my hair so that they may climb up and ask for my hand, time, love, or friendship. The difference is, I may not let it down, until I am very, very sure. Until then, I am quite content to sit up in my tower.
No comments:
Post a Comment