Nullah- "Mrs. Boss, I will sing you to me."
Lady Ashley-" And I will hear you."
~from the movie, "Australia
call and answer.
This is my Universal experiment, these days. Manifestation is a hell of a Divine Teacher. Its quick- real quick. Be careful what you wish for, I was warned, because you will get it.
Inshallah.
When one is lined up, open and prepared to accept what has been called, knowing that what ever comes is for the Highest Good- well.... then there is no limit to what can be had.
But we do limit ourselves. With the thoughts we think, and the actions we take. Or the ones we don't.
I have a experienced a breakthrough- right through my head and my heart, directly because of The Head & The Heart.
A few months ago, I learned a band I like, The Head & The Heart, was going to be playing a concert at the Zoo. I kept putting off buying tickets for me and my brother (we had discovered this band together, the previous May, when we went to see Iron & Wine. The Head & The Heart opened for Mr. Beam, and we fell instantly in love with their sound and lyrics. It seemed only fitting that we should see them together again.) But I procrastinatied too long, and by the time I was ready to buy tickets a few weeks before the show last night, it had sold out.
I was bummed out, and... I was also not worried. I knew a few things. I knew that I had made up my mind that I wanted to go that show and I knew I could make it happen.
Making it happen would require me to fall back on faith. Opening up to the Universe was completely necessary. So was taking as much action as I could. You have to meet the Universe, half-way, afterall. It appreciates efforts based in faith.
Immediately, I placed an ad on Craigslist. I networked with friends who had ticket connections. I surrendered to the idea that it may be that I was not meant to attend that show. As sad as I would be to miss it, I understood it. I also wasn't going to give up. I kept visualizing me and my brother there on the Zoo lawn, under a July summer sky. I envisioned a picnic basket and cool breezes. I felt the beat of the drums and heard the harmony of voices. I put myself there as if it had already happened as if I was simply reliving a memory.
The day of the show, I was still without tickets. My faith was unwavering- I KNEW I would be at that concert. I could feel the happening of it in those moments. As if I could quite literally feel the sands of time expanding and contracting. As I do... every day without noticing it too much.
From my Craigslist post, I had had only once reply earlier that week. By the time I replied, the tickets had been sold. Not to worry, I reminded myself- those were not my tickets. But that morning, waiting for me in my inbox, was another reply. It only takes one, I thought, and this is it. By 4pm that day, I had tickets in hand. The show started at 7pm. Why were these my tickets? Because the guy I bought them from said just the night before, he and his wife made the reluctant admission to themselves that their grumpy 2 year old daughter was not going to let her parents enjoy the show with her tantrums. Their loss was my gain.
Manifesting is about timing that isn't always our own. Because we are all connected, and my timing runs into, parallels, and harmonizes with everyone around me. Everyone has their time to make that left turn at the yellow blinking light. If you had made it earlier- you might have rear-ended that guy. Or missed that song on the radio that held a significant message for you. Or missed that guy you locked eyes with at the coffee shop and got a jolt from more than the coffee. The list goes on- and if you stop to think about it- life is series of moments that add up to a lifetime. Each moment not any more important to than the other- they are all important, because it is taking you exactly.where.you.are.supposed.to.go.
I needed this expereince to remind me of that. That even when we think nothing is happening- something is happening. Behind the scenes of Life's Grand Stage, their are crew members scurrying around to make sure everything is ready to support the next scene. I also needed to see first hand, how powerful I am in this way, and that its nothing I should be afraid of.
It was certainly no coincidence in my mind, that I have been working specifically on manifestation and its ways this week. As I sat enjoying the company of my friends and my brother last night at the show, I was incredibly grateful. My heart bursting with joy for what I had been given. Something far more precious than tickets to a show. I had been given tickets to my own brand of power. I had made this happen because I was lined up in my head and in my heart. I had faith, trust, and a willingness to put forth my best efforts. And the supreme understanding that whatever happened was what was to be.
So what would happen if I worked on manifesting other things? What is next??!!! The possibilities feel as limitless as the sky. The fear won't hold me back. On my 33rd birthday, I promised myself that this would be the year of Magical Thinking. There is a new chapter waiting to be written just around the bend. One filled with my heart's deepest desires as I know them now. I have to finish this one first- it won't be long. I can see myself already in the next place. Its beautiful and joyous. Its happening even now... It may sound silly and I know what I know.
Hasn't everything I have been given proven to me these truths?
Concert tickets.
A Magic Cottage that I will own soon.
A car I long-desired before I ever thought it possible to own.
There is a story, a desire, and a thank you behind every thing I own. Every friendship I have. Every relationship I have been in. Every job I have worked. Even my cat, Elwynn" Ellie Bean" Eisner comes with all of that.
Its because I am reminded of what I have known all along-
I can can sing out to the Universe, and it will hear me.
Love you. Love this. and I still think you have a bit of luck surrounding you as well. ;-) I need to work harder on this. Thank you... for everything. = )
ReplyDeleteLove you Bro. You can do it too. Its actually pretty easy, you need only ask. <3
ReplyDelete